14 Habits Guaranteed to Make You Love Yourself More
Written by Stella @ StellaFrances on August 7, 2016
Do you want to be stronger and happier? Do you fall short of reaching your goals and don’t know why? Do you want to live life to the fullest and make every day count?
Love yourself more.
Loving yourself gives you the confidence and strength to reach your goals. You will be more content because you’ll treat yourself with compassion and respect, and seek out others who will do the same. Seemingly counterintuitively, instead of making you selfish, loving yourself increases your capacity and willingness to love and serve others.
On the other hand, that kind of confidence can be difficult to conjure up when we’re used to self-criticism and doubt. So, whether you’re wild about the face you see in the mirror or need to become a little more accepting, maybe it’s time to look at your relationship with yourself.
Try out these habits that are guaranteed to help you love yourself more.
Self-Love Habits for Daily Life
Self-love is a skill that grows stronger with more practice. Incorporate these habits into your regular routine.
1. Meditate daily. Self-love begins with self-knowledge. Sit down and explore your thoughts. What’s on your mind? How are you feeling?
2. Stay healthy. Stay fit with good nutrition, exercise, and restful sleep. Limit the consumption of alcohol and junk food.
3. Love your body. Appreciate the body that you have today. Are you free from serious injury or disability? Be thankful! If you’re coping with chronic pain or other limitations, be patient.
4. Clean up the house. It’s easier to feel good when surroundings are tidy. Break out the vacuum.
5. Speak kindly. Monitor how you talk to yourself. Do you build yourself up, or are you tearing yourself down? Use encouraging words.
6. Clarify purpose. Spend time thinking about your values and how to put them into action. Ask; “What do I want my legacy to look like?”
7. Engage in meaningful activities. Devote time and energy to projects that are important to you. Is it your goal to become a leader in your industry? Are you passionate to pursue spiritual development?
8. Live authentically. Forget about comparing yourself to others. Follow your own heart.
9. Play around. Lighten up. Laugh at yourself instead of feeling embarrassed. Take a break by tossing a ball around with the dog or ice skating with the kids.
10. Look on the bright side. There is a positive side to every situation, focus on it. So your child wants to use their hands to build houses and not perform open heart surgery? Congratulations! You have raised a kid that knows what they want and aren’t afraid to go for it.
Self-Love Habits for Challenging Circumstances
There are events in life that can shake the very foundation of our beliefs about ourselves.
Consider these methods for bouncing back from adversity.
11. Forgive yourself. Make a new start. Pardon yourself for past mistakes and unfortunate choices. Focus on what you can learn so you’ll be more prepared the next time, and move forward with strength.
12. Recover from heartbreak. The end of a relationship can be an especially devastating blow. You may feel unattractive or wonder if life is passing you by. Take time to heal and identify what you’re really looking for. Wish your former partner well and move on towards a new love.
13. Deal with unemployment. Likewise, being out of work can make you feel unwanted. Until you find your next position, fill your time with volunteer work. Join a job club where you can exchange leads and support.
14. Seek counseling. Childhood experiences may have turned into patterns that are holding you back from loving yourself. Consult a therapist for guidance in addressing such issues.
Generous helpings of self-love will transform your life. When we understand and cherish ourselves, our relationships are stronger and we can rise to any challenge, whether it be great or small! Resolve today to love yourself more and start enjoying a happier, stronger you!
Are you searching for your dream…your purpose? Looking to find more freedom, love, balance, a second calling, or lead a more inspired, deeper and heart-centered existence?
With Stella Frances’s coaching packages – you can find your happy!